[amibroker] TJ - premature refresh (unpredictable) or bad technique?

I have a small database of stocks that I monitor intraday, maybe
about 20 of them, including indices.  I do this by hand because I
have no intraday provider.  The database is via the MS plugin, and
works just fine.

My standard technique is to open AB before the market opens, and
leave it running all day.  Naturally, this gives me yesterday's
closing data at first, which is what I want at first.

I make my first database update about 35 minutes after the open.

Here is the problem . . .

The first thing I do is setup for the new dates about 15 or 20
minutes after the open.  I do this by opening the MS Downloader and
running a program (Automate) that plugs the new dates in for me. This
sets up the database as having today's date, but all zeros for price
and data values.

At this point AB, which is already running and connected to a
database loaded with yesterday's values, should still be using
yesterday's price information.  This is the behavior I would like, as
I often take a last look at yesterday's charts before the 35 minute
mark, at which time I do the first database update.

However . . . what I see as I move from stock to stock at this time
(after entering new dates but before entering new price and volume
data) varies. Some stocks are still using yesterday's data (good) at
this point, but some stocks have picked up the new date input
(although I have not refreshed the data), and so they are using zeros
for all the values (bad).

It should be all or nothing, in my mind.  Either AB should
immediately be picking up on ALL new data (in which case my charts
would be useless at that point, since the data would all be zeros) or
AB should be picking up on NONE of the new data (in which case my
charts would all still reflect yesterday's close) until AB was
refreshed.

But that's not happening.  What is happening is an apparently random
refresh of some stocks, but not of others.  I cannot account for this
in any way.  Is there something that I'm missing?

This is only a problem for maybe 30 minutes at most.  Once I enter
the first round of data, and refresh AB with F-12, a hotkey I
assigned for this purpose, all is fine of course, and AB uses the new
data.  But, I like to setup the new dates early, and relax.  During
that time I have this unpredictable behavior.  I'd like to be able to
control this if I can.

Yuki ^_^

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/GHeqlB/TM