[amibroker] Some Help

Please.  I can follow and write simple AFL code but can
not follow such outstanding pattern detection AFL codes such as
Dimitris Tsokakis's
Pattern Recognition Exploration and Indicator Builder
http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=105

and Thomas Zmuck's Trend and Pattern Detection code
http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=210

also Graham Kavanagh's Support and resistance levels using RSI
http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=282

Each of these IB/Explores use the latest date in AB's data base to
produce their pattern in Indicator Builder.  I wonder if their is a
easy way to off set the date via Param so that one could study and
see how the patterns function throughout the stocks entire time
frame.  Again, the key would be a generic easy way for a greenhorn.

I tried to force the latest date to previous time frames using
Datenum() and the Ref() commands such as placing

DateNum()==Ref(DateNum(),-5);

at the begining of the AFL codes, but this had no effect on IB plot
functions in trying to displace the time frame.

Any help or direction to a non programmer would be appreciated.

TIA
Art

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/GHeqlB/TM