Re: [amibroker] TJ - premature refresh (unpredictable) or bad technique?

Hi Nigel,

NR> Yuki,
NR>         What is your Tools-->Preferences-->Data-->"In-memory cache" set to??

Two thousand, two hundred and twenty three (2223).  (How it got set
at such a specific number I do not know, since I would have chosen
some round number like 3000 myself.)

NR> Since Tomasz says

>> TJ> Once you display given symbol AB stores its data in a cache
>> TJ> and does not requery until cache is filled up (with other stocks
>> TJ> data).

Yes, I kind of thought that meant a low value might be problematic,
but I have a lot of resources (am at a full gigabyte of ram now), so
I've always maintained large values for settings like these.  (Again,
I don't remember setting that to the specific number of 2223, but
there it is.)

NR> I suspect if your cache is set to (say) 10, when you display the 11th ticker,
NR> the 1st one you displayed will be flushed from cache, then when you go back
NR> to it (the 1st one), it will be refreshed from DB.

This would make sense, except for one glaring problem: scrolling down
the symbol list produces alternating results -- apparently completely
at random, not actually back and forth, but inconsistent.  If this
were some cache loading up, then everything after a certain point
would display the same way. This is not the case. It alternates back
and forth as you run down the symbol list, with no apparent rhyme or
reason that I can see.

Best,

Yuki

mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx