RE: [amibroker] TJ - premature refresh (unpredictable) or badtechnique?

Look
at "quoteTracker.com" which links "Scottrade.com" (any many others) for free
intra-day quotes into AMIBroker...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<SPAN
class=546013201-28052003>
Walt

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Yuki Taga
  [mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 8:59
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] TJ -
  premature refresh (unpredictable) or bad technique?I
  have a small database of stocks that I monitor intraday, maybeabout 20 of
  them, including indices.  I do this by hand because Ihave no intraday
  provider.  The database is via the MS plugin, andworks just
  fine.My standard technique is to open AB before the market opens,
  andleave it running all day.  Naturally, this gives me
  yesterday'sclosing data at first, which is what I want at first.I
  make my first database update about 35 minutes after the open.Here is
  the problem . . .The first thing I do is setup for the new dates about
  15 or 20minutes after the open.  I do this by opening the MS
  Downloader andrunning a program (Automate) that plugs the new dates in for
  me. Thissets up the database as having today's date, but all zeros for
  priceand data values.At this point AB, which is already running
  and connected to adatabase loaded with yesterday's values, should still be
  usingyesterday's price information.  This is the behavior I would
  like, asI often take a last look at yesterday's charts before the 35
  minutemark, at which time I do the first database update.However .
  . . what I see as I move from stock to stock at this time(after entering
  new dates but before entering new price and volumedata) varies. Some
  stocks are still using yesterday's data (good) atthis point, but some
  stocks have picked up the new date input(although I have not refreshed the
  data), and so they are using zerosfor all the values (bad).It
  should be all or nothing, in my mind.  Either AB shouldimmediately be
  picking up on ALL new data (in which case my chartswould be useless at
  that point, since the data would all be zeros) orAB should be picking up
  on NONE of the new data (in which case mycharts would all still reflect
  yesterday's close) until AB wasrefreshed.But that's not
  happening.  What is happening is an apparently randomrefresh of some
  stocks, but not of others.  I cannot account for thisin any
  way.  Is there something that I'm missing?This is only a problem
  for maybe 30 minutes at most.  Once I enterthe first round of data,
  and refresh AB with F-12, a hotkey Iassigned for this purpose, all is fine
  of course, and AB uses the newdata.  But, I like to setup the new
  dates early, and relax.  Duringthat time I have this unpredictable
  behavior.  I'd like to be able tocontrol this if I can.Yuki
  ^_^Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.