Re: [amibroker] TJ - premature refresh (unpredictable) or bad technique?

Hello,

> So let me see if I understand this, because we are both using a
> foreign language here.  ^^_^^  If I view a symbol before the update,
> it's "old", and will retain it's data until I refresh, regardless of
> what I do with the database.  (Let's assume for this argument that I
> am not running out of cache size.)  But, if I view a symbol AFTER the
> database is altered that I did NOT view before, that symbol is "new",
> and therefor refreshed.  Is that right?  This of course would be a
> possibility to account for the behavior, as I may not view every
> stock in the database prior to entering new data, and there might be
> hits and misses with the views (not necessarily in order).

Yes it is correct understanding. If your cache is large enough
just run ANY SCAN over all symbols (in AA window) to fill in the cache - then you won't get
new data until you trigger refresh manually.

Note that some operations may cause automatic refresh:
(running addtocomposite scans, adding / removing symbols, using
ASCII importer, using quote editor, etc)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/GHeqlB/TM