From: Jim Bronke [mailto:jvbronke@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 2:02 AM
To: MikeSuesserott; realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx;
metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: God Bless America

Mike,

Thank you very much for your thoughts.  This list has a way of bonding
people from around the world in more ways than just technically. Most
Americans have ties to other countries. My great grandfather was from
Germany. He came over abt. 1886. his name was Frederick Brunk. Although this
is just a very small part of my lineage it is a tie that binds. This is a
sad time for us and reflects that we can't intercede in world affairs
without paying a price. Those who wish to strike back with vengeance don't
seem to realize that the death of a thousand terrorists can not make up for
the loss of one of our lives. I have been glued to my TV, watching the news
reports, our brave firemen and policemen, we can't forget them.
If we view the answer to this crisis is revenge than we have become one of
them and we have become part of the problem. It is only through wise
diplomacy that we can solve this problem. I'm afraid that what I have seen
for the last 30 years has been anything but that.
We have created fertile ground for the hatred of America by picking allies
and over injecting ourselves in other parts of the world. For that we pay.
We will survive, though.

Just a little over a year ago I was in N.Y. City in June 2000 attending the
OmegaWorld convention there. Dancing, being a hobby of mine got me out each
night. One of my fondest memories was attending a swing night at Window of
the World Restaurant and Bar at the top of the World Trade Center building.
It was incredible. Now it is just a memory, a very fond one.  At one point I
walked over to the window with a gal I had befriended. The distance down is
so incredible she couldn't even walk over. She crawled as we got close and
peeked down. LOL. There is a spirit and a life to many parts of our country
and I was happy to make NYC a part of my life for that week. Our country
will survive, we will need to make changes, however.

Thanks to all the O'Listers around the world for your thoughts and prayers
during this time.

Jim Bronke
Phoenix, AZ