Re: [RT] Re: God Bless America

Diplomacy certainly won't fix this problem and I'm not
sure military action will do much more than help people feel better.  Below
is an email I sent to 'About Today' internet news distributor.  It contains
no solutions but it might generate some ideas.

<FONT
face=Arial>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear C. Huda Dodge:

I subscribe to 'About Today' and read your article
"Suicide Bombers - Why do they kill themselves and
others, and what does Islam say about their actions?<FONT
face=Arial>"

I feel that this type of reporting is dangerous and plays
a major role in allowing terrorism to continue in the US
and other free countries.  Your 'out of context'
reporting creates confusion by leading people to believe that
Islam is a peaceful religion, which it isn't.

The portions of the Quran 'in context' with Islamic
terrorism clearly direct followers of Islam to
'struggle' (Jihad) to spread the word of God throughout <FONT
face=Arial>the world.  This 'struggle' is meant to be peaceful unless met
with resistance.  Resistance develops when free,
democratic nations are given the choice to either:
accept the law of the Quran; or pay a poll-tax (Jazyah) to <FONT
face=Arial>the governing Islamic group; or get beheaded.  These choices
cause people to oppose Islamic rule which automatically
makes them 'friends of Satan' and not worthy to
live.

Getting followers of Islam to risk their lives to spread
the word of God was bound to be difficult, so the Quran
offers plenty of incentive.  Those who die or
martyr themselves in the 'struggle' automatically go to Paradise, are
dressed in radiant robes, live in palaces and get
numerous houri (virgins for the purpose of
sex).  Additionally, the 'martyr' is permitted to recommend
70 men for entry into Paradise.  It's no wonder
there is a waiting list of suicide bombers.  Lies,
deception, treachery and murder are all considered <FONT
face=Arial>acceptable in the 'struggle' against the 'friends of Satan'.

While there are many Muslims who choose to follow the
peaceful writings of the Quran, there are also many
other Muslims who choose to follow the extreme writings
of the Quran.  I'm sure you're a very peaceful person, but I feel
that you and others are providing a disservice to all
free people on the planet by providing 'out of context'
information.  The threat to life and liberty
is from those radicals who choose to follow the extreme writing of <FONT
face=Arial>the Quran.  I believe that you could provide a greater service
by using your knowledge of Islam to help people and
nations defend themselves from the thousands, if not
millions, of extremists intent on forcing their beliefs on the rest of
the world.

Thank you.Chuck

<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV
  Bob Heisler

  To: <A title=jvbronke@xxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:jvbronke@xxxxxxxx";>Jim Bronke ; <A
  title=bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  title=MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx";>MikeSuesserott ; <A
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  title=omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx";>omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  title=qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 10:48
  AM
  Subject: [RT] Re: God Bless America
  Perhaps I'm missing something, and it sure wouldn't be the
  first time, butplease explain how "diplomatic" efforts can combat these
  kind of people.I've listened to this sort of rhetoric for the last decade
  and quite franklyam sick of it.There comes a time when we have to
  end this form of thinking that putssymbolism over substance, words over
  actions, the acceptance of unacceptablebehavior, the solving of problems
  by hoping they go away and the practice ofrationalizing and making excuses
  for everything.Bob----- Original Message -----From: "Jim
  Bronke" <<A
  href="mailto:jvbronke@xxxxxxxx";>jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>To: <<A
  href="mailto:bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
  "MikeSuesserott"<<A
  href="mailto:MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx";>MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
  <<A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;<<A
  href="mailto:omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx";>omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; <<A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;<<A
  href="mailto:qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
  Thursday, September 13, 2001 9:30 AMSubject: Re: God Bless
  America> I am not against striking back. Only, I point out that
  involvement in> retribution does not solve the problem.  The only
  way to truly solve the> problem is through diplomatic efforts. Those
  need to be rethought as well.>> Jim Bronke> Phoenix,
  "Bill Daniel" <bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: "Jim Bronke"
  <jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>; "MikeSuesserott">
  <MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;> <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>;
  <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;>
  <qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001
  6:02 AM> Subject: RE: God Bless America>>> : Those
  who wish to strike back with vengeance don't> : seem to realize that
  the death of a thousand terrorists can not make up> for> : the
  loss of one of our lives.> :> : Jim> :> : It is
  true that the death of a thousand terrorists cannot make up forthe>
  : loss of our lives.  However, there will> : be a thousand less
  terrorists to take further lives.  Diplomacy has its> :
  place.  So does force.  Force may be the> : one thing that
  will cause the terrorists to consider that maybe there isa> :
  better way to resolve conflict than> : through their terror.  We
  cannot be afraid to face them.  The current> : tragedy is the
  result of total dependence> : on diplomacy and our failure to realize
  that when we are compelled touse> : force it must be for total and
  complete victory.> : The US does not use force recklessly, but there is
  a time and place for> it.> : This is one of those times.
  The place is wherever terrorism resides.> :> : Bill
  Message-----> : From: Jim Bronke [mailto:jvbronke@xxxxxxxx]> :
  Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 2:02 AM> : To: MikeSuesserott;
  realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx;> :
  metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> : Subject: Re: God
  Bless America> :> :> : Mike,> :> : Thank
  you very much for your thoughts.  This list has a way of bonding>
  : people from around the world in more ways than just technically.
  Most> : Americans have ties to other countries. My great grandfather
  was from> : Germany. He came over abt. 1886. his name was Frederick
  Brunk. Although> this> : is just a very small part of my lineage
  it is a tie that binds. This isa> : sad time for us and reflects
  that we can't intercede in world affairs> : without paying a price.
  Those who wish to strike back with vengeancedon't> : seem to
  realize that the death of a thousand terrorists can not make up>
  for> : the loss of one of our lives. I have been glued to my TV,
  watching the> news> : reports, our brave firemen and policemen,
  we can't forget them.> : If we view the answer to this crisis is
  revenge than we have become oneof> : them and we have become part
  of the problem. It is only through wise> : diplomacy that we can solve
  this problem. I'm afraid that what I haveseen> : for the last 30
  years has been anything but that.> : We have created fertile ground for
  the hatred of America by pickingallies> : and over injecting
  ourselves in other parts of the world. For that wepay.> : We will
  survive, though.> :> : Just a little over a year ago I was in
  N.Y. City in June 2000 attending> the> : OmegaWorld convention
  there. Dancing, being a hobby of mine got me out> each> : night.
  One of my fondest memories was attending a swing night at Windowof>
  : the World Restaurant and Bar at the top of the World Trade Center>
  building.> : It was incredible. Now it is just a memory, a very fond
  one.  At onepoint> I> : walked over to the window with
  a gal I had befriended. The distance down> is> : so incredible
  she couldn't even walk over. She crawled as we got closeand> :
  peeked down. LOL. There is a spirit and a life to many parts of our>
  country> : and I was happy to make NYC a part of my life for that week.
  Our country> : will survive, we will need to make changes,
  however.> :> : Thanks to all the O'Listers around the world for
  your thoughts andprayers> : during this time.> :> :
  Jim Bronke> : Phoenix, AZ> :> :> :> : -----
  Original Message -----> : From: "MikeSuesserott"
  <MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx>> : To:
  Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 6:01 PM> : Subject: God Bless
  America> :> :> : : Like so many of you, I feel deeply for
  the terrible tragedy that has> : : occurred. My thoughts and prayers
  are with the victims and their> families,> : : and with the
  American people.> : :> : : Germany is in shock. All public
  building are flagged at half-mast. In> : : uninterrupted streams for
  the past 30 or so hours, people have been> : placing> : :
  flowers in front of the American embassy in Berlin, and the American> :
  : consulates in other cities. During working hours, you could see many>
  : school> : : children who came individually or with their teacher,
  trying to place> : their> : : flowers as close to the embassy
  gates as possible; during lunch break> and> : : after the
  offices close, the other age groups come. Many are sobbing,or> : :
  have tears in their eyes. Now, at night, you see numerous windows that>
  : have> : : candles placed in them. Memorial services are being held
  all over the> : : country for the victims. This morning a memorial
  service was held in a> : large> : : cathedral in Berlin, with
  the Chancellor and other dignitariespresent.> : The> : :
  cathedral was filled to the overflowing, with so many people
  wantingto> : : attend that a second service had to be scheduled
  immediatelythereafter.> : :> : : The world, and Germany in
  particular, has much for which to bethankful> to> : :
  America; now America deserves the loyalty of her allies. Her kind,> : :
  large-hearted, and freedom-loving spirit, more than any technological>
  : power,> : : has made America the leader of the world and a beacon of
  light andhope> : for> : : the downtrodden nations. I know
  this great nation will prevail overthe> : : present crisis, and
  come out the stronger for it. God bless America!> : :> : :
  Michael Suesserott> : :> :>To

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT<a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.1566667.3122753.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705001779:HM/A=766942/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225"targe
t=_top>