Re[2]: [RT] Re: God Bless America

On Thursday, September 13, 2001, 1:55:49 PM, Norman Winski wrote:

NW>   From a pure marketing point of view, it is hard for me to see
NW> how running around killing people and commiting suicide will
NW> persuade people to want to join one's faith?

Maybe... They are really selling 'belief', and are trying to get 'True
Believers'. For TB's, these terrorists have just gone to the *most*
wonderful place possible **within that belief system**. The 'logic' is
easy - be a martyr, and then you get to be in permanent, everlasting
ecstasy. Not bad, if you *believe* it.

NW> If I wanted to propagate a religion, I would model after
NW> successful marketing companies such as McDonalds.

It might be much better to use the well-proven techniques used by
cults to make people 'True Believers'.

NW> The current approach is exactly opposite to what has been proven
NW> to be succesful.

Aren't Muslims one of the fastest growing religious groups?

In general, True Believers will do things that may seem very
unreasonable, sometimes in the extreme, to those outside the group.

ztrader

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MDsVHB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM