Re: [RT] Re: God Bless America

Chuck,

  From a pure marketing point of view, it is
hard for me to see how running around killing people and commiting suicide will
persuade people to want to join one's faith? Seems to me this approach is
bad for the potential customers, bad for the employees, and bad for business. If
I wanted to propagate a religion, I would model after successful marketing
companies such as McDonalds. Perhaps a better approach would be an equivalent of
Ronald McDonald to represent their faith who could give away free treats and
toys to kids and do good deads for the global community. The current approach is
exactly opposite to what has been proven to be succesful. They are creating bad
will when the goal should be to create good will. I think they need to re-think
what they are doing.

Regards,
Norman

<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV
  Chuck
  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  href="mailto:jvbronke@xxxxxxxx"; title=jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>Jim Bronke ; <A
  href="mailto:bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  href="mailto:MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx>MikeSuesserott ; <A
  href="mailto:omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx";
  title=omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  href="mailto:qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 11:05
  AM
  Subject: Re: [RT] Re: God Bless
  America

  Diplomacy certainly won't fix this problem and I'm not
  sure military action will do much more than help people feel better.
  Below is an email I sent to 'About Today' internet news distributor.  It
  contains no solutions but it might generate some ideas.

  <FONT
  face=Arial>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Dear C. Huda Dodge:

  I subscribe to 'About Today' and read your article
  "Suicide Bombers - Why do they kill themselves
  and others, and what does Islam say about their actions?<FONT
  face=Arial>"

  I feel that this type of reporting is dangerous and
  plays a major role in allowing terrorism to continue
  in the US and other free countries.  Your 'out of
  context' reporting creates confusion by leading people to believe that

  Islam is a peaceful religion, which it
  isn't.

  The portions of the Quran 'in context' with Islamic
  terrorism clearly direct followers of Islam to
  'struggle' (Jihad) to spread the word of God throughout <FONT
  face=Arial>the world.  This 'struggle' is meant to be peaceful unless met
  with resistance.  Resistance develops when free,
  democratic nations are given the choice to either:
  accept the law of the Quran; or pay a poll-tax (Jazyah) to <FONT
  face=Arial>the governing Islamic group; or get beheaded.  These choices
  cause people to oppose Islamic rule which
  automatically makes them 'friends of Satan' and not <FONT
  face=Arial>worthy to live.

  Getting followers of Islam to risk their lives to spread
  the word of God was bound to be difficult, so the
  Quran offers plenty of incentive.  Those who die
  or martyr themselves in the 'struggle' automatically go to Paradise, are
  dressed in radiant robes, live in palaces and get
  numerous houri (virgins for the purpose of
  sex).  Additionally, the 'martyr' is permitted to recommend
  70 men for entry into Paradise.  It's no wonder
  there is a waiting list of suicide bombers.
  Lies, deception, treachery and murder are all considered <FONT
  face=Arial>acceptable in the 'struggle' against the 'friends of Satan'.

  While there are many Muslims who choose to follow the
  peaceful writings of the Quran, there are also many
  other Muslims who choose to follow the extreme <FONT
  face=Arial>writings of the Quran.  I'm sure you're a very peaceful
  person, but I feel that you and others are providing a
  disservice to all free people on the planet by
  providing 'out of context' information.  The threat to life
  and liberty is from those radicals who choose to
  follow the extreme writing of the Quran.  I
  believe that you could provide a greater service by using your <FONT
  face=Arial>knowledge of Islam to help people and nations defend themselves
  from the thousands, if not millions, of extremists
  intent on forcing their beliefs on the rest of the
  world.

  Thank you.Chuck

  <BLOCKQUOTE
    <DIV
    Bob Heisler

    To: <A href="mailto:jvbronke@xxxxxxxx";
    Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001
    10:48 AM
    Subject: [RT] Re: God Bless
    America
    Perhaps I'm missing something, and it sure wouldn't be
    the first time, butplease explain how "diplomatic" efforts can combat
    these kind of people.I've listened to this sort of rhetoric for the last
    decade and quite franklyam sick of it.There comes a time when we
    have to end this form of thinking that putssymbolism over substance,
    words over actions, the acceptance of unacceptablebehavior, the solving
    of problems by hoping they go away and the practice ofrationalizing and
    making excuses for everything.Bob----- Original Message
    -----From: "Jim Bronke" <<A
    href="mailto:jvbronke@xxxxxxxx";>jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>To: <<A
    href="mailto:bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
    "MikeSuesserott"<<A
    href="mailto:MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx";>MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
    <<A
    href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;<<A
    href="mailto:omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx";>omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; <<A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;<<A
    href="mailto:qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
    Thursday, September 13, 2001 9:30 AMSubject: Re: God Bless
    America> I am not against striking back. Only, I point out
    that involvement in> retribution does not solve the problem.
    The only way to truly solve the> problem is through diplomatic
    efforts. Those need to be rethought as well.>> Jim
    Message -----> From: "Bill Daniel"
    <bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: "Jim Bronke"
    <jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>; "MikeSuesserott">
    <MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
    <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;> <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>;
    <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;>
    <qcharts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001
    6:02 AM> Subject: RE: God Bless America>>> :
    Those who wish to strike back with vengeance don't> : seem to realize
    that the death of a thousand terrorists can not make up> for>
    : the loss of one of our lives.> :> : Jim> :> :
    It is true that the death of a thousand terrorists cannot make up
    forthe> : loss of our lives.  However, there will> :
    be a thousand less terrorists to take further lives.  Diplomacy has
    its> : place.  So does force.  Force may be the> :
    one thing that will cause the terrorists to consider that maybe there
    isa> : better way to resolve conflict than> : through
    their terror.  We cannot be afraid to face them.  The
    current> : tragedy is the result of total dependence> : on
    diplomacy and our failure to realize that when we are compelled
    touse> : force it must be for total and complete victory.>
    : The US does not use force recklessly, but there is a time and place
    for> it.> : This is one of those times.  The place is
    wherever terrorism resides.> :> : Bill Daniel>