RPC server?

TS2Ki never fails to amaze with new ways to crash. This puppy's just
sitting here after the close all by itself while I go to lunch. When I
return the charts are all blank except for the frames and an error message
labeled "Omega Research Platform" informs me that "the RPC server is
unavailable." What the heck is that?

It's not the DTN satellite feed because Chameleon still perks along (how
does everyone feel about those stock prices out to the fourth decimal since
Tuesday? We really need to know that INTC just traded at 22.1406, multiply
those two digits by seven or eight columns and we've lost some serious real
estate on our screens. I called DTN tech and was told they removed a filter
and many traders are complaining, but they haven't decided what to do about
it. If you don't like stocks out to four figures, better give them a call
and tell them you don't like it.).

But, I digress, I clicked "OK" on the error message and another message
appeared from "Omega Research Platform" that read, "Failed to launch server
application." Clicked "OK" on that one and the original message came back,
did it all again...no way out except for Task Manager, and lo and behold,
there are TWO TradeStation by Omega Research aps running, one for SPY and
one for DIA. "End Task" finishes them both off, but separately.

Through all this, Global Server is still collecting after hours data.
Reboot cures all evils with TS2Ki, but "Help" has no entries on "RPC
server" and I couldn't find anything on Omega's website. Any info
appreciated.

Dedicated machine running Win2k on 1.5GHz P4 w/ 512k