Re: False Exit Alerts in TS Pro

I have TS4 so your problem may be different than what I'm thinking,
but...

> At every single new bar I get a new Alert Message saying, "New
> Orders need to be placed...", followed immediately by a second
> alert, "Orders need to be cancelled".

That's what happens when you change the stop level on each bar.  The
old stop level (from the previous bar) has to be cancelled, and the
new one needs to be issued.

If you did the same thing on your EOD system, you may have been
getting those messages all along but didn't realize it because they
only happened once a day.  Every 3 minutes, it gets pretty old.  :-)

> In both cases, the exit prices are being correctly calculated, but
> they are way below the entry and current prices, and thus are moot
> and useless information!!
> Obviously what I want is to be messaged with only the real honest
> to goodness ExitLong signal here.

They are not moot nor useless, and they ARE real honest-to-goodness
stops.  ANY stop price you issue, assuming it hasn't already been
hit, is valid.  TS doesn't make judgements about whether your orders
make sense -- it just places them as you told it to.

If you don't think those stops should be issued, then you need to
check your system code.  Maybe you've got a bug and you're issuing
exitlong orders that you didn't intend to.

> It's as if the TS logic loop is screwy and issues the New Orders
> before evaluating where the current price is, then it evaluates the
> price and says, "Opps, sorry, I take that back"....

Nope, it says "YOU said to take back the order you had in the last
bar -- since you've issued a different stop in this bar -- so I'm
reminding you to cancel that order and issue a new one."

It's a pain, no doubt.  I know of only three options:

  * Turn off the "Generate Orders for next bar" flag on the system.
    That turns off ALL order alerts, and also removes the system
    from the STCC.  Which is probably overkill for what you want.

  * Change your system so it doesn't change the stop on every bar.

  * Suffer through all the alert dialogs.

Gary