Re: The Ideal DATA Server Features Wish List

Blowslow wrote:
> Well, excuse the crap out of me.
excused

> Here are my thoughts on your specs:
>

> - on demand real time  sever
> Isn't this implicit in a "data server"?

ask around for the what "on demand" now means

> - on demand historical server
> Isn't this implicit in a "data server"?

ask around more...

> - intelligent tick correction
> He already stated that that would be a feature.  But thanks for confirming
> that it is useful to you.
>
> - bid ask data
> Ah.  So you say this is a "newly important" (ie, not "outdated")
> feature....interesting.

yeah, very frigging interesting...

> - tick correction based on bid ask
> One useful thing you said which really didn't require asaulting my
> wish-list.
it did, because your specs are boring... those have been discussed
in mid, late '90...

> - on demand real time L2 server / fast options
> Again, this is "new"?
what is new in your magic list. what you want everybody wanted
long time ago. the funny thing that no one could deliver even shit
like that.... so DUH....

> - fast
> Duh
duh doo duh doo dee... if you got something that can handle
more then 10 symbols in fast market, let me know.

> - reliable
> Duh

that's right, duh. relialbe does not mean i start it up on the 1st and
turn turn in off on 31st...
you know what reliable on demand means? i come in log on and
get my data any time i want... and i don't have do your
7/24 routine... and shit like that,  so DUH.... get a f....king clue.

> - compact, well coded and portable
> compact: Duh.  well coded: who cares as long as it's fast, reliable and
> compact.  portable: not important to me.

and what's important to you? dtn and e-signal....
big DUH

> - world wide coverage
> Useful but again did not require asaulting me.
blow off, then read my specs and
ask around for more opinions.

> - fast API
> Duh
well again, if you have not deal with apis, you would not  know... DUH..