Re: Dec 2001 cotton

Bill,

Thank you for your link and response, yes I have done it in excel,
but, My spreadsheets produce numbers only, I do not produce the
probability cone as shown at the link address.

I am just getting familiar with AFL code, If you know how to produce
the probability cone in AFL code as shown at the link address, please
submit.

Also, If you know how to produce the study / exploration as previously
described, your help would be greatly appreciated.

also, thank you for the link to the pattern software.

best regards
Anthony

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "wavemechanic" <wd78@xxxx> wrote:
> Anthony:
>
> If you can calculate the probability with Excel, why can't you do so
with AFL? Is your study similar to Fishback's ODDS probability cones,
which is summarized below?
> "ODDS Probability Cones (which are greatly influenced by recent
price volatility) provide you with a visual guide to the most
probable range of future prices. This range (i.e. the cone's width) is
determined by recent volatility in prices, the number of time periods
projected, and the probability percentage (e.g., 68% confidence, 90%
confidence, etc.). The more volatile the security prices, the wider
the expected range of future prices and hence the wider the cones. The
cones always widen from the apex even if recent volatility is very
low, because as time increases, the better the odds of a significant
price move." From
http://www.paritech.com/education/technical/indicators/volatility/odds
.asp.

> Bill

probabilities.
> I have created several spreadsheets in microsoft excel 97, which
allow
> me to find the standard deviation, Historical Volatility, and
> Probability of market movement. By using these measurements and
time,
> I am able to determine what is the Probability of a target price
to be
> acheived or not. ( ex. 60% ,70%, 80%, 90%).
>
> If you would like me to upload a copy of this spreadsheet. Let me
> Know.
>
> Back to the exploration. I guess amibroker can not handle this
type of
> study.
>
> A sample report of this type of study might look like this;
>
> testing data: 90 days of history
> test 1: If Friday's close > Thursday's close
> Monday's close: higher-- 11
> lower -- 1
> test 2: If Friday's close < Thursday's close
> Monday's close: higher-- 11
> lower -- 1
> test 3: If Friday's close = Thursday's close
> Monday's close: higher-- 11
> lower -- 1
>
> As you can see with this type of test, there is a 90% chance of
> Monday's close being higher. The Probability is 90%, My visual
> confirmation (technical analysis) is bullish, My indicators are
> bullish, I will initiate a bullish strategy.
>
> If you Know of a program that can produce this type of study,
please
> let me know.
>
> Again, thank you,
> Anthony