healthcare was RE: [RT] sp500/nasdaq top

Earl - re:
"..What's obvious is that the healthcare system,
currently in private hands, has run amuck.  I don't know what the
solution is."
<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>
Ever consider the
fact that lack of tort reform has caused the overhead costs of doctors and
hospitals to be exhorbitant ? On top of that, the legal system has made
extortion LEGAL by forcing doctor's to settle claims they are not really
responsible for.
My wife has been
in the business of settling healthcare claims for years.....I know first-hand
what is going on here.
A frat brother of
mine, not the sharpest tool in the shed, is now a millionaire lawyer...all he
does is handle mal-med and those stupid personal injury cases that are so
bogus.
<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>
So here's the
correct statement:
"What's obvious
is that the LEGAL system in America, currently controlled by the GOVERNMENT, has
run amuck and has affected the healthcare provider mechanism
PROFOUNDLY"
"The solution is
simple: Tort reform whereby frivolous lawsuits against good doctors result in a
significant penalty for the plaintiff if they are dismissed"
<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: EarlA
  [mailto:earl.a@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 9:09
  AMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT]
  sp500/nasdaq top
  You might as well get your facts straight. First, the US spends 14% of
  GDP on healthcare which is the highest percentage of any country in the entire
  world. Second, in spite of spending the world's greatest percentage of GDP on
  healthcare, 40% of our citizens have none, zero, zilch health coverage. Third,
  50% of that 14%, or roughly 7% of GDP, is spent on healthcare administration,
  almost all of which goes to private insurance companies and HMO's, not the
  government. The government run Veterans Administration medical system is
  a disgrace to those who served our country. The government run Medicare system
  is extremely efficient, consuming roughly 3% of premiums paid.

  Those of us who can afford healthcare are well taken care of. The
  40% who can't afford healthcare coverage, receive little care, and most
  of that is delivered in public hospital emergency rooms at
  taxpayer's expense. What's obvious is that the healthcare system,
  currently in private hands, has run amuck.  I don't know what
  the solution is.

  Earl

  <BLOCKQUOTE