Re: healthcare was RE: [RT] sp500/nasdaq top

These problems (health care, tort reform, etc.) are there, but I think they
are symptoms of a fundamental disease that has gripped not only the US but,
more or less, every nation on the globe, my own (Germany) included. This
disease is the partial loss of work ethics, or even of ethics in general -
in government, law courts, business, media, everywhere. IMHO, we need to
return to "Plain living and high thinking", as Wordsworth put it more than
200 years ago.

At the risk of getting back a few scornful comments, here is Wordsworth's
poem, written in 1802. I confess it touches a chord in me; maybe it will be
meaningful to some of you as well.

O FRIEND! I know not which way I must look
For comfort, being, as I am, oppressed,
To think that now our life is only dressed
For show; mean handy-work of craftsman, cook,
Or groom! - We must run glittering like a brook
In the open sunshine, or we are unblest:
The wealthiest man among us is the best:
No grandeur now in nature or in book
Delights us. Rapine, avarice, expense,
This is idolatry; and these we adore:
Plain living and high thinking are no more:
The homely beauty of the good old cause
Is gone; our peace, our fearful innocence,
And pure religion breathing household laws.

Have a nice Sunday!

Michael Suesserott