Re: [RT] sp500/nasdaq top

In a message dated 3/5/04 12:08:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, mr.ira@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The government still claims that there is no inflation.  Gas prices are $2.50 per Gal. here.  Almost everything that is purchased is transported by truck.  That cost will also be on the rise.

Housing costs continue to rise. Just down the road in Palo Alto the average home cost is $985,000.  Health care costs and other insurance costs are skyrocketing as is the commodity index.  How much longer can the government ignore what is happening?

Low interest rates have not created new jobs here, but India and other foreign countries are having a boon.  We are shipping our jobs overseas where the service and manufacturing costs are far less.  I have to admit, so is the quality of service provided by the overseas support.

Just some thoughts.  Ira.\

This will continue to happen because it has little effect on the "Haves." Their petrol bill going from $50 a tank to $70 a tank on their SUV is barely worth discussing re: the household finances. They work for companies that pay their health insurance, or at least the bulk of it, and the large house they own has doubled in value the past 5 years. Life is good!

However, for the poor "have nots", they will continue to suffer regarding the above. Their meager earnings continue to get eaten away by the massive inflationary spiral going on.  There is no one truly representing them in the media because they are mostly affiliated with one party. If rolls were reversed, and a democratic president was in office with the same things going on, you know darn well the Republicans would be holding congressional hearings, having investigations left and right regarding everything that is going on in the energy markets, Bush and Cheney's connections to Haliburton and the massive energy manipulation play that is going on etc.

I'm not trying to be political here, but thats the reality. There is absolutely no direction, no vision, no goal, no leadership within the democratic party. No one is raising any stink about what is going on, you hear nothing about it in the media and it literally borders on the criminal.

I am not politically affiliated one way or the other and I love low taxes. The above is simply my perceptions.

----- Original Message -----
From: EarlA
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 7:42 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] sp500/nasdaq top

Fascinating market action ... SPX has rallied to 1162.99 (within my target range) while the price of the June 1150 puts I hold (and had orders for more) has also rallied. This suggests that the market is putting in a blow-off. Had to short emini since it looks like they won't fill my put order.

I assume that this rally is all about the perceived notion that the Fed won't raise rates so the market can party longer. Not a thought to the fact that continued employment problems will lead to reduced consumption and other (economic and political) fall-out from reduced consumer confidence. Foreign currencies are rallying hard which means even higher energy prices are in the cards.

Earl