Re: government efficiency or lack thereof [RT] sp500/nasdaq top

I work for a company that produces software
development tools for PDA's and cellphones.  My boss recently went on
a tour to talk to customers about how they are using our products.

One of the places he went was a software
company in Texas that is essentially dedicated to government
projects.  They have 3 20-story buildings filled with mostly
programmers.  One project they are using our software on is for the Texas
version of "Child Protective Services".  It seems that some of the "child
welfare agents" weren't going out to visit the children as often as they should
and sometimes not at all.  Instead, they were filling out false reports on
the childrens' status.  Some of the children wound up being hospitalized or
dying as a result.  So they are now giving the "child welfare agents" PDA's
with built-in cameras and GPS's.  The software will require them to go
to specific GPS coordinates and take a picture of the child in order to file the
report.

The first question we had was "Why don't they fire
or even imprison the screw ups?"  We've had people in our office fired for
a lot less.  But then we aren't government employees.

Kent Rollins