Re: [RT] Mentors:What makes a good Mentor

There is one important characteristic about learning for most learners:  We tend to take most seriously that which costs us the most.

As a psychotherapist I make sure that people pay enough that they take the therapy seriously.  Even in my pro bona work I make sure the people pay something for just this reason.

I and a few others on this list have gone for training with a retired trader, who charges a significant fee.  The fee is significant to us, but not that significant to him given his resources.  This arrangement ensures that we take the learning very seriously.

In theory, I think free is best, but most of us won't value it without paying for it...

Steve