Re: [RT] Mentors:What makes a good Mentor

From: "STEVE ROBERTS" <steve80866@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] Mentors:What makes a good Mentor

> There is one important characteristic about learning for most learners:
We tend to take most seriously that which costs us the most.

> As a psychotherapist I make sure that people pay enough that they take the
therapy seriously.  Even in my pro bona work I make sure the people pay
something for just this reason.

> I and a few others on this list have gone for training with a retired
trader, who charges a significant fee.  The fee is significant to us, but
not that significant to him given his resources.  This arrangement ensures
that we take the learning very seriously.

> In theory, I think free is best, but most of us won't value it without
paying for it...

> Steve

If that were really the case, then I would expect these noble masters to
"REFUND" the money back to their "grashoppers" once the grasshoppers
"graduated".

Regards,

Levent