TS2000i - Badly Written Program?

TS2000i crashes regularly with a TS32.exe access
violation error.  I have been trying to diagnosis why
this happens and have made many changes to my system
to solve this problem.  Then on TechTV the comment was

made "if you have a lot of access violation errors you
have a badly written program".  Given my rule that the
simplest answer is correct, I now think there is no
fix I can perform, I just have a lemon.

If anyone has found a solution for access violation
errors I would love to hear it.  At this point I am
looking for ways to mitigate this error from occuring.
 The only programs running on this computer TS2000i
and the data feed. dynastore-IQfeed.  I have 640meg of
ram and I'm running Win NT 4.0.

I have noticed when memory usage goes over 190meg I
start to have problems.  I have usually 5 to 8 charts
open and collect 40 symbols.  I do not create new
charts during market hours or edit indicators.  I
would appreciate hearing how others are coping with
this problem and what other stand alone programs are
available to replace TS2000i.

Thanks for your help.  Bob