Re: TS2000i - Badly Written Program?

I've never had this problem running TS2000i in Windows 2000.  I have many
programs running concurrently, including at least three other datafeeds,
java programs, and I have 10-15 TS2000i workspaces open with about 6 windows
in each one.  I also use DTN IQFeed, collecting about 110 symbols.  My
computer has 512 mb RAM.  I create new charts all the time, edit indicators
many times each day.

I'm not familiar with TechTV, but I'd go looking for other opinions.  This
is too easy an answer, considering how many people are using the last
version of TS2000i without this problem(I think we'd be hearing about it all
the time on this list if it was common.)

I googled "access violation error" and found a lot of listings from persons
having this problem but with many different programs.  I looked in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base, NT 4.0 section, and searched "access violation
error" and there were a bunch or articles about different versions of this
error.  You might also try the NT 4.0 newsgroups and TradestationWorld.com
(TS2000i section) and put out the question.

But it's probably easier, before you spend hours searching for this
information, to just reinstall TS2000i.  Or perhaps reinstall NT 4.0 or a
service upgrade.  I know those are the simplistic solutions that are always
put forth, and I usually spend many hours tracking down the actual
error...but in retrospect the reinstallations, if you can do them over the
original programs so you don't loose anything, are much easier and quicker.

John