Re: TS2000i - Badly Written Program?

I had some stability issues with 2000i and Win2k,
so I upgraded to Win XP... Better look and feel
with more stability.

I'm running XP SP1 on a 2.8 Ghz P4, 2 GB Ram & 4 SATA
disks in a RAID config.  TS is like a rock, I can leave
testing going for days if required.

The only TS instabilities I have experienced with this
setup is if I encode video
(I.E. DVcam (DVcodec) -> DVD (MPEG2)), for some
reason this has brought the system down several times.

But lets face it, how many times are you TS optimizing
and video editing at the same time :)

Do you have a business need to be running NT 4.0?

Justin

---

Trading Account wrote:

TS2000i crashes regularly with a TS32.exe access
violation error.  I have been trying to diagnosis why
this happens and have made many changes to my system
to solve this problem.  Then on TechTV the comment was

made "if you have a lot of access violation errors you
have a badly written program".  Given my rule that the
simplest answer is correct, I now think there is no
fix I can perform, I just have a lemon.

If anyone has found a solution for access violation
errors I would love to hear it.  At this point I am
looking for ways to mitigate this error from occuring.
 The only programs running on this computer TS2000i
and the data feed. dynastore-IQfeed.  I have 640meg of
ram and I'm running Win NT 4.0.

I have noticed when memory usage goes over 190meg I
start to have problems.  I have usually 5 to 8 charts
open and collect 40 symbols.  I do not create new
charts during market hours or edit indicators.  I
would appreciate hearing how others are coping with
this problem and what other stand alone programs are
available to replace TS2000i.

Thanks for your help.  Bob