Re: TS2000i - Badly Written Program?

Bob,

I ran TS2ki on NT4 SP3, SP4 & SP5.  Didn't have a lot of problems with
access violation.  I suggest you build a new workspace as the old one
is probably corrupt.  Then save that new workspace with a different
name such as myworkspace2 and myworkspace3... so you have backups
when you need them.  Finally save it with the first name again so it
is the one open.  You will run much better if you have 512 mb ram and
Windows 2000 or Windows XP.  Be sure if you go with XP you google for
XP tweaks to turn all the garbage off you don't need.

And finally my favorite thing to do regularly is reinstall TS2ki
on top of what you have.  This fixes the links or whatever happens
to be broken.  A good old clean install is nice also.  Copy all the
files from Omega Research folder to a different folder or drive.  Then
uninstall the program then open the registry and delete the whole
Omega Research folder under software.  There are probably two such
places and the larger one is the one to kill.  Actually just for
meanness I like to kill every single reference to Omega but that is
just over kill.  Be sure to have your password when you reinstall.
When you reinstall copy all the files back to the original location
and then install on top of it.

Most important 1. new workspace.  Long term most effective 2. get
Windows 2000 or XP.  3. Get 512 mb ram.  Ram is cheap now.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

TA> TS2000i crashes regularly with a TS32.exe access
TA> violation error.  I have been trying to diagnosis why
TA> this happens and have made many changes to my system
TA> to solve this problem.  Then on TechTV the comment was

TA> made "if you have a lot of access violation errors you
TA> have a badly written program".  Given my rule that the
TA> simplest answer is correct, I now think there is no
TA> fix I can perform, I just have a lemon.

TA> If anyone has found a solution for access violation
TA> errors I would love to hear it.  At this point I am
TA> looking for ways to mitigate this error from occuring.
TA>  The only programs running on this computer TS2000i
TA> and the data feed. dynastore-IQfeed.  I have 640meg of
TA> ram and I'm running Win NT 4.0.

TA> I have noticed when memory usage goes over 190meg I
TA> start to have problems.  I have usually 5 to 8 charts
TA> open and collect 40 symbols.  I do not create new
TA> charts during market hours or edit indicators.  I
TA> would appreciate hearing how others are coping with
TA> this problem and what other stand alone programs are
TA> available to replace TS2000i.

TA> Thanks for your help.  Bob

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton