From: "Jimmy Snowden" <jhsnowden@xxxxxxx>
To: <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; "John Blucar" <blucar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 7:54 AM
Subject: Re: Worthless DTN data feed

> John,
>
> When you say velocity boxes I guess that is the old one on the smaller
> dish.  The 8080 box on the 1 meter dish satellite GE1 seems to work
> 24/7 for me but then Texas never has bad weather.  However when it
> does I rarely have a drop out and if it does it is for a minute or two
> not really much loss.  In fact it takes a serious storm in just the
> right direction to stop the signal.  Serious in these parts is just
> less than a twister.  I would check with them to see if a change to
> the 8080 would help you.
>
> As to historical data I really wish that was available.  Like most
> sooner or later I screw something up and crash the GS or computer or
> just do something so stupid I wont mention it on the list.
>

> Best regards,
>   Jimmy Snowden
> mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx
>

> Friday, August 8, 2003, 9:46:05 AM, you wrote:
>
> JB> DTN users realize this is the 2nd time in 10 days or less that DTN
systems have failed to deliver data.

> JB> Same problem as last time --- DTN's ONLY uplink for velocity boxes is
in North Carolina --- storm weather.

> JB> You would think by now these idiots would like "GET THE MESSAGE" they
should have redundant uplinks in say a desert area where storms rarely
occur ---- if they gave a damn at all about keeping
> JB> customers.
>
> JB> In the very least I argued with their tech support that they have the
data SOMEWHERE in their system --- whether or not it's on Ed Lenz's TS5 box
sitting right next to him at DTN tech support ---
> JB> and in the VERY least if they give a shit at all about their
Tradestation customers they should spend like 10 minutes exporting  5 or 10
symbols of tick data for each of futures and indices for
> JB> the day in question to a DTN website for Tradestation users to
download at night ---

> JB> but NO, they techs want to argue that Tradestation should have made
their software (or offered patches) so that it will auto update from a
server --- it ain't their problem . . . even if they