Combining systems

I'd like to combine several systems together into one strategy.
This would give me a better idea of how the two systems work
together, give me unified statistics, make it possible to trade
it on only one chart instead of two, etc.

TS2k supports all kinds of things that make you *think* it should
be easy, but as far as I can tell you can't do it without extra
pain.

* TS supports "strategies" and "signals," and it's easy to add in
different signals.  But the positions from one signal affect the
positions initiated in other signals.

* TS supports named entries, so you can exit from a specified
position:
    if XYZ then buy("XYZ entry");
    if ZYX then exitlong("ZYX exit") from entry("XYZ entry");
The exitlong will correctly exit from the XYZ entry.  However,
any SELL order will immediately close any open longs, and vice
versa.

So if signal 1 goes short while signal 2 is still long, you end
up short one instead of net flat.

I know you can use workarounds for this (see e.g. my post in
http://www.purebytes.com/archives/omega/2001/msg09180.html) but
this is clumsy, and I'm not convinced it would work properly if,
for example, both signals tried to act on the same bar.  (Would
MarketPosition be correct?)

Has anybody come up with a good, straightforward, reliable way to
work around this "feature" ?

Thanks,
Gary