Re: Combining systems

> TS  will stop, ie disactivate, one of them from
> autotrading.   Anyway,  the  original  strategies  feed  the
> trading  indicator  and  inturn  that  info is passed to the
> final  stage  strategy  who is in charge of carrying out the
> orders   for   the  master  strategies.

Thanks Ernie.  You and a few others (thanks all) suggested
variants of ideas like this, which are more-sophisticated ways of
implementing the simple change-in-net-position idea I mentioned
in my earlier post.

But as far as I can see, none of them have the flexibility of a
normal signal.  I believe they would work very well for systems
that enter and exit at the close of a bar.  But what if you want
to combine one system that acts at the close, one that enters on
a stop, and one that enters on a limit?  Combining those would be
messy, and I'm not at all sure you could do it right given that
you're not sure if the stops or limits will be hit.

If somebody's got a real solution for this, I'd love to hear it.
Too bad TS's limitations require massive kludges like this.

Gary