Re: On Demand Server

>Does anyone have any experience with a product called "On Demand Server"
>by Traders Soft. I would appreciate any feedback - good or bad. It works
>as an interface between Esignal and 2000i, basically providing TS 6
>features of instant data refresh and back data download - thus
>eliminating the dependance on History Bank. I'm concerned about the ease
>of use and if anyone has noticed any drain on system resources once it
>was installed? Hope this hasn't been discussed before.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chuck Tannenbaum

I tried this product out for myself last week. I could get tick and 1 minute data to work in the demo, but for some reason only 1 bar of daily data. Don't know why and didn't try to find out. I also found that there were unaccustomed delays of about 5 seconds when going to Format Symbol, and maybe the charts weren't as snappy as TS6 or Esignal 7.2 to load. Other than those comments, it seemed to work nicely.

For these reasons, I also tried their Uniserver, which is like a replacement for HistoryBank. It allows you to download data into your Global Server as if you'd been online with Signal. Everything worked well for me although I still have a minor question about the symbol selection process. Seems a LOT more reliable and easy to use than HistoryBank. So I bought this one, and so far I'm pleased with it. It's nice to have the data available locally sometimes, even if it does fill up the disk.

HTH,
Mike Gossland