Re: Combining systems

Gary,

I  have  a  method  that  requires  Linders PushPop and that
depends on i_marketposition and i_currentcontracts. I use it
for  doing automated trading and to overcome a problem where
TS will not allow you to auto trade two strategies using the
same  symbol, say QQQ, if each strategy has can go both long
and  short.  TS  will stop, ie disactivate, one of them from
autotrading.   Anyway,  the  original  strategies  feed  the
trading  indicator  and  inturn  that  info is passed to the
final  stage  strategy  who is in charge of carrying out the
orders   for   the  master  strategies.  It  is  this  slave
strategies  to  keeps  everything under control entering and
exiting  the  market as needed. This final stage code can be
used  for  a  bunch  of  stuff, like adding resolution to an
entry/exit.

This  method allows me to concentrate on one signal strategy
at a time and then in production I just throw them all in.

What  it  does  not  allow you do is measure the "portfolio"
performance via TS. Would the Rina stuff do what you want? I
do  have  a really kludgie kinda of performance summary that
allows  me  to run tests on multiple independent studies and
then  run  a  summary report against those tests, again this
uses  Robert's PushPop. I use it, for example, when I make a
change  to function that might affect multiple strategies. I
make  the change and then run the summary performance report
and  it  will  tell  me  the overall affect of the change on
multiple systems. Its a poor mans RINA.

Regards,
Ernie
ebonugli@xxxxxxxx