What is the future of TS?

Since this is the omega list, I think it is not inappropriate at this time
to ask the users of this list what they think the future of TS is going to
be?

Most of us have forked more than $2,000 for TS over the years. Things are
changing so fast that TS could become obsolete before we know it. The
culprit? You guess it. The internet.

With  the Internet many things that TS had that were unique, are now being
done faster and better by Web based startups. One example: When Radar Screen
came out last year, for me it was a dream come true. For years I wanted to
have the ability to be able to scan the market in real time. But for the
last few months many new companies are springing up with  simpler and better
real time search engines.

Before I go on let me make it clear that my purpose of bringing this topic
up is not to bash Omega or the Cruz brothers. But I have invested years in
learning EL (and I am not a programmer). TS is falling behind the times and
Omega has been promising their new upgrade Tradestation.com for months now.
But it's still not here.

I am unsatisfied with my data provider (Reading the list I know that I am
not the only one), and I cannot make a decision since I am waiting to see if
Tradestation is going to be everything it claims to promise. (for me will be
to have unlimited access to symbols instead of the 500 limit that e-signal
gives me, the ability to have data on demand if I enter a new symbol in my
database, the ability to have level II and program level II stuff, The
abiliy to program tick data to track institutions, the ability to do
programmable real time searches of the stock market. And eventually the
ability to program on automatic my buying and selling or sent to my PDA for
final approval and then sent to the broker).

I think "coder" traders will have an advantage in years to come in these
volatile markets.
If more people feel the way I do. We should unite and make our voice
powerful. We can spend a few minutes shouting " WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE
ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE". After we get it out of our system we have
to realize that we have power. How many people lurk this list? If Omega
wants to keep us as customers they have to take care of us.

All I want to do is continue to trade and quantify my trading experience and
ideas as much as possible with coding. And I do not want have to spend all
day worrying about the data and if my software is becoming obsolete.

For those Omega employees lurking, again the point it to create positive
criticism. You want us (and our money) then take care of us. I believe in
what I call "Customer Capitalism". We vote with our money to those who
provide us with good services and products.

Anyway. What do you all think the future of TS is? Are we all going to have
to create our own custom software? How long can Omega keep delaying the
launch of their upgrade? Is there something better than TS? Or is TS and
Metastock and the like a dying breed? What is the future?

I want to be there sooner that later.

Tom Chapa