Re: What is the future of TS?

Tom Chapa wrote:

> Since this is the omega list, I think it is not inappropriate at this time
> to ask the users of this list what they think the future of TS is going to
> be?

> With  the Internet many things that TS had that were unique, are now being
> done faster and better by Web based startups. One example: When Radar Screen
> came out last year, for me it was a dream come true. For years I wanted to
> have the ability to be able to scan the market in real time. But for the
> last few months many new companies are springing up with  simpler and better
> real time search engines.

I think the wave of the future will have to be Java based. Java can be
compiled also so it can run as fast as C++. Furthermore, it will be
easier for those who want to add their own pgms to program in java then
to learn EL or another proprietary SW. EL looks a lot like pascal.

Adding to the java-based pgm would also be easy and people would
flood the network with sw. In a couple of years we will have
many GHz computers even if the Java pgm is not compiled. And even if
it is not compiled, there are JIT compilers whose performance it is
said is about same as compiled languages.

There must be some people who are working on a Java API. The question
is where are they :-)

--
Regards, Mark
/\/\/\/\/\....I love humanity. It's people I can't stand...../\/\/\/\/\