Re: What is the future of TS?

> How many people lurk this list? If Omega
> wants to keep us as customers they have to take care of us.

Well, you'd think so. Unfortunately, Omega has a different business
model. Historically, very few customers used their products for very
long. Omega's income stream came from a constant flow of new dreamers
and wannabe traders. With their license agreements, passwords and
dongles, they made it difficult to resell the software the disillusioned
newbies had shelled out hard cash for and could no longer use.The Omega
model has been to emphasize advertising to attract new customers rather
than quality products to keep the old ones. Ralph Cruz as much as
admitted it when he told stockholders (paraphrasing) we'd rather be
different than good.

Omega's shift to a service-based business will require a big change in
corporate culture if they want to keep the income flowing. The internet
crowd is a mobile and fickle lot and will drop them like a hot spud if
they don't deliver on their promises. Can they pull it off? Personally,
I doubt it but who knows? Look at the problems experienced internet and
data companies like Lycos/Quote.com, DBC, and PC Quote have had
delivering a reliable internet product. Then consider that Omega's
proposed venture is an order of magnitude more complex. And then take a
look at the quality of Historybank.com.

For now, TS4 does most of what I need and I'm content to sit back and
see how things shake out. TS.com is a great concept but pulling it off
won't be easy.

--
  Dennis