RE: Stop paying taxes/constitution/Sales tax instead

What do you gals/guys think about a national sales tax instead of an income
tax.  I like the idea.  First a sales tax eliminates the IRS totally and
saves the huge collection and compliance expense we now face.  A point of
sale collection system could funnel sales tax to state and federal
authorities and eliminate all that hassle. Second the undergound economy
would now be taxed at the point of sale.  The combined savings between the
elimination of the IRS and the elimination of the presently untaxed
underground economy would probably permit a material tax cut.  This plan
also eliminates the current tax bias against savings.  You could make all
you want and save all you want tax free.  You could control your tax
liability to a certain extent by choosing when and how much to spend.

Bill Wood