Re: ProSuite Hazard:

Chris Edwall wrote:

> ... Also, last week I went from 128 M RAM to 256 on my Dell PIII 500 because
> > ProSuite + PowerEditor was gobbling 65-70% of resources.  After the
> > upgrade--it still does. Is there any way to limit the amount of memory
> > PS2Ki takes?

Chris and Fellow Listers

I have had the same problem with SuperCharts 4.0 EOD, Netscape Communicator 4.51
and some times with IE5.0.  I am not a programmer and do not claim to be a
computer genius either. Maybe, the problem might be due to the way Windows (Win
95 in my case) handles memory and, why not, the way we like to work with pc s
today; that is, we love to have lots of memory hungry windows open.

I have found a way to circumvent the problem and want to share it with the list.
There is a nice piece of software called WinRAM-Booster 1.21. It is shareware
and you can download it from <  http://www.totalidea.com >.

PRODUCT: WinRAM-Booster 1.21
MANUFACTURER: Totalidea Software
LICENSES: TRIAL LICENSE

I am not saying the problem totally disappeared (for me) but I do not have
system crashes with the tempo I used to have. Hint: before you run any memory
hungry program execute (manual version) WinRAM-Booster. Remember you have
nothing to lose.

I wish we could find a way to free at least 50% of system RAM at all times.

Regards
Zarifis Dimitroulis
zarifis@xxxxxxxxx