[Metastockusers] MetaStock ADX vs. RealTick ADX

I'm looking at using the ADX to select between a Stochastic and a
moving average crossover system as appropriate for trending vs.
channeling/cycling conditions.

Can anyone shed some light on the difference between the ADX
indicator displayed in RealTick and the ADX function in MetaStock?
When I plot them on the identical price data in the two different
software packages, the results are completely different.  The
RealTick ADX behaves as I would expect, with significant variations
between higher values (> 30 or so) for trending conditions and lower
values (< 30 or so) for channeling conditions.  The RealTick ADX line
also begins 14 days after the start of the data for a 14-period ADX.
The MetaStock ADX is nearly a flat line, and begins 28 days after the
start of the data (for a 14-period ADX).  It looks like it's being
smoothed a second time.

I've done some investigation but have not yet done a spreadsheet to
re-creat Wilder's formulas from his "New Concepts in Technical
Trading Systems".  That's my next step, but I thought someone else
may have already figured it out.

So far it looks to me like it's a difference in terminology - that
the ADX in RealTick is actually Wilder's DX, or the MetaStock DX is
actually Wilder's ADX.  I also note that MetaStock's custom formula
library includes a custom indicator which calculates ADX and ADXR
without rounding, with the note that the built-in indicator is
exactly the same as Wilder's original calculations.  I wouldn't think
that the rounding difference would be large enough to account for the
difference between the two software packages.

Thanks.

Gary