[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Anyone played with the Fisher Transform?...trigger lines

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Gus,
>
> Don't apologize for the rambling, I enjoyed it and I'm others have
as
> well!

That's the danger with ex-theology majors - we _do_ tend to ramble. :)

> Let's talk a little about the indicator and the use of its variable
> trigger. Most triggers are either horizontal lines, such as when an
> indicator crosses above zero, or some type of moving average which
> lags behind the indicator. In the case of this indicator you can
use
> the indicator "fish" as the trigger line and the final output line
> [10*ROC(fish,1,$)] as the indicator. I'm curious if anyone else has
> any thoughts on this?

I am currently using "fish" as the trigger line and [10*ROC
(fish,1,$)] as the indicator and I am happy with the results thus far.

> Gus, you're right about the indicator. It certainly has some merit.

I am impressed with it thus far. I believe this could be used in
conjunction with other indicators to come up with some excellent
entry/exit points.

I recently purchased a book titled "The Master Swing Trader" by Alan
S Farley and I particularly like his use of Bollinger Bands but I
need to get better at programming MetaStock before I can feel
comfortable with my results...

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM