[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Anyone played with the Fisher Transform?...trigger lines

Dave,

You're welcome! A new indicator is like a new car. First time you see
it its all bright and shiny. After you've bought it and taken it home
the luster wears and you begin to notice all the little quirks. Neat
thing is that once its become part of you you'll be able to get
optimal performance out of it. Just be careful when the tire blows
the first time!

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, dave3003 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Preston
>
> Thanks for the Buy Sell info.
>
> Using the Fisher Transformation formula with
> this testing configuration over a long period of
> time on the DOW it returned good numbers.
> On a shorter time aound 100 days there were
> 8 losers and 2 winners and of course a loss.
>
> I do like the moving trigger line, but will have to
> work on the formula a bit.
>
> Dave
>

> ======================================
>
> > Dave,
> > If all you want to do is buy/sell the cross, use a formula such
as:

> > {Fisher Transform}
> > pr:=(H+L)/2;
> > len:=10;
> > maxh:=HHV(pr,len);
> > minl:=LLV(pr,len);
> > val1:=.33*2*((pr-minl)/(maxh-minl)-.5)+.67*PREV;
> > value1:=If(val1>.99,.999,If(val1<-.99,-.999,val1));
> > fish:=.5*Log((1+value1)/(1-value1))+.5*PREV;
> > final:=10*ROC(fish,1,$);
> > fish;
> > final;
> >
> > Write your formula so that you get a cross of fish over final and
> > vice versa.
> >
> > Buy:=cross(final,fish);
> > Sell:=cross(fish,final);
> >
> > That should do the trick.