[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Anyone played with the Fisher Transform?...trigger lines

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Dave,
> If all you want to do is buy/sell the cross, use a formula such as:
>
> {Fisher Transform}
> pr:=(H+L)/2;
> len:=10;
> maxh:=HHV(pr,len);
> minl:=LLV(pr,len);
> val1:=.33*2*((pr-minl)/(maxh-minl)-.5)+.67*PREV;
> value1:=If(val1>.99,.999,If(val1<-.99,-.999,val1));
> fish:=.5*Log((1+value1)/(1-value1))+.5*PREV;
> final:=10*ROC(fish,1,$);
> fish;
> final;
>
> Write your formula so that you get a cross of fish over final and
> vice versa.
>
> Buy:=cross(final,fish);
> Sell:=cross(fish,final);
>
> That should do the trick.
>
> Preston

Preston, I have a question here.

I _think_ I followed your example for Dave. :)

I set up the above in MetaStock's Indicator Builder (I modified what
I already had by adding "final:=" to "10*ROC(fish,1,$);" as well as
added "final;" all in the order you demonstrated) and then proceeded
to set this up in MetaStock's Explorer:

ColA:
FmlVar("Fisher Transform with Rate of Change","BUY")

ColB:
FmlVar("Fisher Transform with Rate of Change","SELL")

Filter:
colA = 1 OR
colB = 1

While this generated some excellent results, as I was scanning down
the list I came across Ace*Comm Corporation (ticker ACEC). It came up
as a Buy. However, when looking at the chart, it doesn't appear that
it crossed when I expected it to. In other words, it looks as though
the cross-over took place 4-5 days ago (at a quick glance - I am
getting ready to return to work after a week's+ vacation so my time
is limited this morning).

I'm afraid I am just not familiar enough with MetaStock's programming
to see what I am doing wrong (why am I getting ACEC at all?).

Do you get ACEC as a Buy in your results and, if so, why?

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM