[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Anyone played with the Fisher Transform?...trigger lines

Gus,

Don't apologize for the rambling, I enjoyed it and I'm others have as
well!

I stand corrected on the indicator not working! I don't know why I
couldn't get mine to work.

Let's talk a little about the indicator and the use of its variable
trigger. Most triggers are either horizontal lines, such as when an
indicator crosses above zero, or some type of moving average which
lags behind the indicator. In the case of this indicator you can use
the indicator "fish" as the trigger line and the final output line
[10*ROC(fish,1,$)] as the indicator. I'm curious if anyone else has
any thoughts on this?

Gus, you're right about the indicator. It certainly has some merit.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, gatorgus2000 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In equismetastock@xxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> > Gus,
> >
> > Glad you are enjoying the group. It is through yours and all the
> rest
> > of the members input that this site can be very informative.
>
> I'm looking forward to learning a great deal from this group.
>
> > To answer your question, the indicator Fisher Transform as
> presented
> > in TASC will not work. If you got yours to work would you post it?
>
> Well, whether it's right or not I don't know but I _do_ like the
> results. :)
>
> I created a new indicator called Fisher Transform with Rate of
Change

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/TradersTips/TradersTi
> ps.html#meta2
>
> but I am only focusing on this one. I compared my results to a
couple
> of the examples in the article and I don't get the smoothing
effects
> I see in the examples but the crossovers look rather similar and
the
> crossovers are what I like in the results I get.
>
> I am very new to MetaStock so I wouldn't recommend for anyone to
take
> my word on this but please experiment with it and let me know your
> opinion.
>
> I have spent some time with TC2000 and use it as well as MetaStock
> (and even AmiBroker a little) but I am spending more and more time
on
> MetaStock now. I have been trying to "recreate" some of the TC2000
> indicators in MetaStock and found a post in a Stocks & Commodities
> message board for TC2000's TSV (Time Segmented Volume) by simply
> using:
>
> ROC(OBV(), 18, $)
>
> (although the post mentioned using 19 days instead of 18) as the
> formula.
>
> The link for this post is:
>
> http://message-
> boards.traders.com/WebXdisplayMessage@xxxx^3@xxxxxxxx/9
>
> I am doing this in an effort to find a little more personal comfort
> with indicators I am familiar with.
>
> I also find that the Force Index
>
> V*(C-Ref(C,-1))
>
> is somewhat similar to TC2000's BOP (Balance of Power).
>
> The only one left (of TC2000's indicators) is MoneyStream and I use
> Price Volume Trend for that one.
>
> Right now I am getting earlier signals from using Fisher Transform
> with Rate of Change than using my version (or the poster's on the
> message board, actually) of TSV in MetaStock with a 10-day simple
> moving average.
>
> In any case, I apologize for rambling on so long and look forward
> any comments. :)

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM