Re: CMO & Cocoa

Steve,

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:09:44 -0700, you wrote:

>I substitute fib numbers in any formula I stumble across.  I simply add the
>three together and after much experimentation, I have weighted each part
>(exact formula is available for $2,995, plus shipping, tax, and your first
>born).

How smart your answers are ... [some funny(?) stuff deleted]

>Everyone seems to seek a "universal" indicator to magically apply to all
>markets traded.  I have a client that argues that the indicators I use in
>cocoa don't work when they apply them to day trading the S&P's(what a
>revelation).  Would you use the same repair manual to fix you're BMW as you
>do with your Cadillac?

Who is "everyone"? - BTW: I learned a lot from my volkswagens to get
around with my bmws. There are often more common features, problems,
etc than some advertisements may tell you. (Sorry, I'm not familiar
with cadillacs, derbies, and poker.)

>I'm sure you already are applying many of these "helpers" to your market.

Which "helpers" are you talking about?  MetsStock (with a dbms
companion) is the only security-related program I have. I like it
because of its nice graphical features, but I'm very disappointed
about its analytical capabilities. Imo, any "one-dimensional" analysis
(like most TA-type techniques) is more or less obsolete, if you
compare it to today's "multi-variate regression" techniques that come
along in different wrappings. But I'm open to any evidence of the
contrary, and that's why I'm interested in special TA stuff that
people work with successfully.

mfg rudolf stricker