Re: Using moving averages to define channels.

Actually I use moving average, instead of Bollinger's Bands, in the following
way:
Mov(C, 28,S) displaced +10%
Mov(C, 28,S) displaced - 10%
Mov(C, 28,S)

The 28 days its the basic span of time, the same is the 10% +/-, they should
be adjusted for each security and for the particular condition you are
waiting to (buy/sell), when I  see a buying opportunity ahead I just draw
another tris of faster MA (keeping the slow on the chart) and use them, with
other indicators/oscillators, to time the entry. Same process to exit the
market. Whit the help of Raff Regression Channels, Fibonacci Retracement and
as the market goes my way giving more weight to my position ( entry steps -
1/1/3 - exit - 3/1/1 or just close it, if signals are real bad-) the results
are good enough. It would be nice to know if somebody else use a trading
system like this, or what more experienced traders, many in this good list ,
think of it.
Best trading
G.G.

--
--End--

My wife keeps complaining I never listen to her   ...or something like that.
;-)