RE: [amibroker] [OT] Acronis True Image and system backup [was Re: Re: Curing AmiBroker slowdowns with a system restore]

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] [OT] Acronis True Image and system backup [was Re: Re: Curing AmiBroker slowdowns with a system restore]
  • From: "J. Biran" <jbiran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 22:47:12 -0800

Thanks.

I figured out first question, when you actually go do a
backup you CAN specify a destination.
What is strange you can not specify this in the default
properties of the backup.

The second question of how to specify destination of
secondary copy I haven't figured out.

I did a test run and compared to Norton's Ghost (14), TI is
slower and compression is worse
(when set to max compression and encryption). But
reliability is more of my concern..
FYI.

As far as RAID is concerned, it is a built in RAID of the
motherboard. In the many years of using
a computer I had 2 occasions that high quality HD failed.
Just replacing the failed drive (part
of a RAID1 array) fixed the problem with little hassle.
--

Joseph Biran