[amibroker] Re: Re: Curing AmiBroker slowdowns with a system restore

> I can take a product like this and save my complete hard drive on say
> a usb hard drive and it will automaticly backup the complete hard
> drive when ever I want it to do it.

1) The backup can be stored on your disk, in the secure partition which is
not visible to Windows XP / Vista. On the screenshot below it is shown as
"Logical Disk - Unknown (BC) and has no drive letter:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7749/01032009160435kv5.png

2) Another method is to store the backup on an external hard drive. USB
drive is not a good idea because they are not very reliable.

> Then if I have hard drive problems, I can put the copy that is on the
> [external] hard drive on my machine hard drive and it will be just
> like it was, with all programs and files the same as the last backup?

That's right. The backup copy has it's own mini-OS (it doesn't need
Windows). You boot into the external drive (or into the secure partition)
and follow the prompts.

My Windows XP takes about 8 GB of disk space and restoring all this from
Acronis secure partition takes about 4 minutes.

> This type of software is something everyone should have.

Absolutely correct.

**** IMPORTANT ****