Re: [amibroker] [OT] Acronis True Image and system backup [was Re: Re: Curing AmiBroker slowdowns with a system restore]

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] [OT] Acronis True Image and system backup [was Re: Re: Curing AmiBroker slowdowns with a system restore]
  • From: "J. Biran" <jbiran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 23:00:35 -0800

Yuki,

Did you have the opportunity to actually use Acronis True
Image to restore your complete system (bare metal restore)
onto the raid1 drive you use?

The reason for my question is that I was using Norton Ghost
and felt secure until I needed to restore my system from an
image I created (from a raid1 HD). It failed to restore to
the same raid1 drive but if I disabled the raid everything
functioned ok. I had to start reinstalling windows from
scratch in order to keep my raid configuration ;(

Also, does Acronis True Image work with a backup destination
that is a network drive? (this would apply to a backup of a
laptop).

--

Joseph Biran