Re: [amibroker] When AFL just stops updating the chart now and then...

Yea!  You found a case!

It was probably the case that I moved the handle of the trend line
around, then released the mouse with it back at the starting place --
since I was just testing and did not actually want to change my trend
line.

I did not really hold out any hope of this being reproducible by you.
Thank you for bearing with me in this public forum.

Now I will have to see if what you change always keeps a stall from
happening.  I will wait for the next beta before mentioning anything
about this again, and will contact you through the support channel for
further testing of results as should be the normal interaction for
these kinds of issues.

Now that I have a stall monitor chart, it is much easier for me to
know what I was just doing before it occurred.  It is so simple to do,
so I will even put the AFL in this message just for the record:

In the monitored chart put this:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
StaticVarSet("ChartRunning" + GetChartID(), 5)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////

In a new chart tab put this:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
ChartNum = ParamStr("ChartID to Monitor", "1000");
num = StaticVarGet("ChartRunning" + ChartNum);
StaticVarSet("ChartRunning"+ChartNum, num-1);
if(num <= -10)
{
	Say("Chart "+ChartNum + " stalled");
	StaticVarSet("ChartRunning" + ChartNum, 0);
}
RequestTimedRefresh(1, 0);

Title = "Real Time Stall Monitor for ChartID " + ChartNum +  "  " +
NumToStr(num, 1.0);

That is all there is to it.  Just fill in the parameter with the
ChartID to monitor.  Instant NagWare.  It saved my bacon today.

Best regards,
Dennis