Re: [amibroker] When AFL just stops updating the chart now and then...

Well, to partially answer my own question about what can stop a chart
AFL from updating, I noticed the following condition:

If my mouse is down over a study (including dragging) the chart stops
updating.

My chart stalled monitor complains if I take too much time dragging a
study handle to a new position.  LOL

Of course, it makes sense that this is how it operates.  I would not
want the chart jumping around while I was trying to drag to a
particular bar and price.

However, this is interesting because it does show that there is a per
chart mode that can stop the chart updates if somehow AB thought it
was actively working with a study (my charts are full of studies).  I
doubt this has anything to do with the problem though, it is just an
observation.

OT:  I do the same basic idea in my AFL charts when I am dragging Gfx
button arrays around.  I reduce all my loops to minimum history bars
so that the chart execution time is faster for the user feedback of
the drag operation (even though the indicators may go a bit crazy).
Interestingly, it is the plot operations that take most of the time in
my charts when I am displaying all bars to check the equity curve (up
to 90% of the total), so I skip some plot commands when showing many
bars.  Plotting 30,000 bars can take a long time, even though many
bars are in the same pixel.  Perhaps I will become more clever as I
grow into an older and wiser AFL programmer.

However,  I can only go as fast as the chart will normally refresh
from quote updates or one second minimum and, I can't do anything
about speeding up fast AFL that I know of because SetBarRequired() can
not be set to a lower number than the highest value since chart
startup.  It would be cool if someday there was a mode where I could
run my AFLs with study-like interaction speed with Gfx elements.  :-)

Best regards,
Dennis