Re: [amibroker] When AFL just stops updating the chart now and then...

Tomasz,

Thanks for the AFL suggestion.

My Refresh Interval in Prefs is set to 1 at this time.  In the past I
have also used 1, 2, or 3 settings.  However, I have a
RequestTimesRefresh() that is set via parameter in the chart.  At his
time it is set to zero, though this has also happened with it set to
other numbers (usually 1).  I adjust these numbers depending on how
much history I am using at the time in order to keep them higher than
the actual time it takes to refresh the chart, so that the UI keeps
working.

This has happened to me for a couple of years and my charts and AFL
have evolved to significant complexity over that time, along with
changing computers and data vendors.

I don't recall the problem happening when I was actively using the UI
on the chart.  It usually happens when the chart is just quietly
updating and then just stops updating.  I am usually just in the mode
of waiting for something to happen on the charts while I am waiting to
get into or out of a trade.  I can not recall my previous operations,
but I do a LOT of trend line studies. I doubt this problem could be
easily reproduced --otherwise you would have customers complaining all
over the place.

I can tell you that clicking on most UI buttons or pulldown menus or
clicking on the chart does not fix it.  Only clicking on the Refresh
button fixes it.

I will take your AFL suggestions and some others and see if I can get
better information about what is happening for the next time.  Since
it does not happen often, it is not so bad for me to click the Refresh
button when it happens.  The bad part is not realizing that it is not
refreshing for too long and missing an important price move.

Hopefully the next time it happens I will not be in a trade and can
take my time to investigate it better.

Best regards,
Dennis