Re: [amibroker] Re: settings

Hello,

Thank you for these suggestions. While they are
welcome and very useful, please allow
me to comment why I choose certain implementation
over another.

We all know applications like Excel, Wordand
other "office-standard" ones.
They are written by hundreds of developers.
Sometime ago I was a part
of 40-people development team in Florida-based
company (much, much, much smaller
than Microsoft :-) ). In 40-people team there
were people that worked for
months exclusively on small user-interface
details. This is the case for all the
companies
selling ten thousands copies (or more) ofthe
software.
Implementing fancy user interface features *IS*
time consuming.

For AmiBroker things look different - I don't have
a hundred developer team here <FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-
I always have to find a balance <FONT
face=Tahoma size=2>between time needed to implement certain feature

and the "coolness" of features. I can notspend
three weeks to develop "the most
fancy chart sheets in the
world". Sometimes a little bit simpler (or
limited) implementation
takes much, much less time. If this is
interface-only issue I sometimes would prefer it.

I am always trying to provide essential things
first that decide on analytical power of AmiBroker -
later I can improve the user interface and add
some cool features (which you can live
without for a while). I belive that traders are
very intelligent people that can see
the raw power of the software putting much less
attention to "bells and whistles".

Belive me I am doing my best - for example I have
developed syntax highlighting editor
within 5 days - something that takesa month
for the others.

I am always saying that AmiBroker will beimproved
constantly and I can confirm this
once again. Your suggestions are being implemented
all the time, but since
my resources are limited not everything will be
ready within a month.

Best regards,Tomasz Janeczko===============AmiBroker - the
comprehensive share manager.<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com