Re: settings

Dear Tomasz,
Let me repeat here that when we suggest something
we do not have any intension to apply any kind of stress.
So, if it is possible and if it does not disturb the scedule,
a request may be satisfied sooner or later.
On the other side, everybody in this superb site is doing his
best and the result is an advanced level group.
Advanced and fertile criticism gives day by day strong results.
Many "serious" articles in popular magazines or internet T/A sites
would not have the slightest chance to survive in this high-level
forum.
This may be a kind of reward for your continuous day and night
efforts.
I do not think that other multi-personal development has the same
impact.
So, keep up excellent work, we all are on your side.
Best Regards
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for these suggestions. While they are welcome and very
useful, please allow
> me to comment why I choose certain implementation over another.
>
> We all know applications like Excel, Word and other "office-
standard" ones.
> They are written by hundreds of developers. Sometime ago I was a
part
> of 40-people development team in Florida-based company (much, much,
much smaller
> than Microsoft :-) ). In 40-people team there were people that
worked for
> months exclusively on small user-interface details. This is the
case for all the companies
> selling ten thousands copies (or more) of the software.
> Implementing fancy user interface features *IS* time consuming.
>
> For AmiBroker things look different - I don't have a hundred
developer team here -
> I always have to find a balance between time needed to implement
certain feature
> and the "coolness" of features. I can not spend three weeks to
develop "the most
> fancy chart sheets in the world". Sometimes a little bit simpler
(or limited) implementation
> takes much, much less time. If this is interface-only issue I
sometimes would prefer it.

> I am always trying to provide essential things first that decide on
analytical power of AmiBroker -
> later I can improve the user interface and add some cool features
(which you can live
> without for a while). I belive that traders are very intelligent
people that can see
> the raw power of the software putting much less attention to "bells
and whistles".

> Belive me I am doing my best - for example I have developed syntax
highlighting editor
> within 5 days - something that takes a month for the others.
>
> I am always saying that AmiBroker will be improved constantly and I
can confirm this
> once again. Your suggestions are being implemented all the time,
but since
> my resources are limited not everything will be ready within a
month.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> ===============
> AmiBroker - the comprehensive share manager.
> http://www.amibroker.com

list and the GUI. In general, I think it's best to avoid any
predefined limit in any part of the GUI.

> 1) For the multiple sheet they can behave like Excel or other
program
> a) Non predefine number of sheet, user can add and remove them
> b) Split separation between tab and scroll bar can be dynamically
move
> c) If all tab can't be display small arrow can be use to scroll
tabs left and right
> e) Option to place the scrollbar beside (like it is now) or on
top of the sheet tabs

> 2) For the indicator list:
> a) Instead of having a fixed list of Indicator, why not having a
tree view like the stock list.
> b) This view could be directly link to an afl file, and wouldn't
have to reload the file each time you change the script. Some script
could stay in memory but I think it's better to related to the script
on file only because we never sure which afl is more current (the one
on the file or the ones on memory).
> c) Formula editing window could be separate from Setting and ALL
setting could be overnight inside AFL.
> d) When Right click on the item of the list, a menu could appear
to decide if we want to edit the script, change the setting, add the
indicator, run exploration, etc..
> e) Modular script writing with #include style AND reusable
function definition
> f) We can also have a separate small list for Auto-Analysis and
Commentary. The list could be a simple combo box to quickly choose a
AFL. This list will be user configurable by using the full tree view
list as the source.