Re: [amibroker] Sharing

Hal,

Thanks for a refreshing view on systems and trading
in general.

My hobby became my life a few years ago and with
some basic programming background and the love to do research I have spent an
enormous amount of time on developing systems for trading. My speciality being
the short-term trading on the derivatives markets, although this system hasno
link whatsoever with Ami as I am classified as a daytrader. This system is based
more on statistical principles than technical indicators.

No one can re-imburse me for the hours spent and
money lost due to my search for the profitable trading system. One thing is
certain though - you can have the best system on the planet, but without
discipline you will stay a loser. So many wannabe traders start of with a bang,
makes 20% on a share in the first month and loose all their capital in the next
6 months and then vow to never trade the market again. This part of the
challenge is what is making me an adrenalin share junky - to beat a market which
is bigger than all the traders put together is no small mission in
itself.

I have a somewhat obtrusive view of Technical
analysis and many analysts would disagree with me, but I view the success
of any technical indicator very much to the extent of the usage of such an
indicator by the majority of the trading public. Resulting in the perception
that the more traders use the same system the more successful it will become.
Now I know this is a very simplistic view of a complicated and non-simplistic
matter.

All the AFL's I have written comprises of the
combination of well used and proven indicators combined in a special way, which
will provide the results I am content with. I have only redeveloped one
indicator by chance and maybe this was done by a 1000 traders before me, but the
beauty lies in its simplicity and related performance. There is a
different winning system nearly for every sector not to mention
different types of investments.

At times as I am reading the entries from the
mailing list I feel somewhat overwhelmed, because some guys are talking about
stuff and requests of things I didn't even know existed and quite frankly I
would like to keep it that way as I have no intension to know it all. (My
condolences to Tomasz)

At this stage I am getting worried about this AFL
Library thing for the mere fact that I think with the brainpower and experience
I am witnessing around this mailgroup, it will put me on the spot and show my
lack of experience in various fields of programming and trading. Am I glad that
Tomasz wants this on his site.

One thing is sure though and that is the fact that
I also only want to supply access to traders being serious about their business
and we need to derive a simplistic, but efficient filtering
process.

Regards.

Jaco Jonker

<BLOCKQUOTE