RE: [amibroker] Sharing

OK, I figure that as a participant in
this user-group it is time to make my thoughts known, as simple as they may
be.

Firstly, I undoubtedly fit into
the saddest sub-group of this user group, in that I am both a novice at Share
Trading and Investment as wellas at
Programming and Mathematical techniques. This almost guarantees my participation
as being the uncomfortable one of something resembling a "leech", since I stand
to benefit by the skills and generosity of others in this group more
knowledgable than I, while being able to contribute at this stage little more
than my heartfelt appreciation. However, I
didn't come down with the last rain fall, and understand perfectly all the
recent outpourings regarding intellectual copyright, unrewarded work et
al.

In my readings and participations
over the past 18 months it has come to my attention that the Share Trading
industry is an interesting one to say the least. On the one hand there appears
no shortage of individuals motivated by nothing short of unbridled and barely
disguised personal greed, while on the other, there is also the participation of
some far more highly motivated, intelligent and humanistic individuals, most
striking for their complete contrast to the former group of
participants.

What has struck me most about this
user-group in recent months, as membership has appeared to build significantly,
is that (apart from it's being hosted by a fellow unusual in the degree of
displayed intelligence without
snobbery, who is both socially adept while able to produce a seemingly amazing
amount of high quality, time consuming application programming and
documentation) is the overall quality of it's active participants, who appear to
belong quite firmly in the second group mentioned above.

By "quality", I am not
referring to the degree of Trading and/or Programming skills evident (of which
there is also much quality evident), but more the underlying sense of human
intelligence with a genuine care of others.
Since the one errant posting recently by a certain individual, the
resulting thread regarding the dissemination of ideas and techniques has been
inspiring, given the scope of the ramifications covered. I find it hard these
days to write long letters, and appreciate the time those who have written have
taken.

As far as the technicalities of
sharing AFL code and systems is concerned, I can only defer to those in a
position to donate and share. All I can say is that anything shared is greatly
appreciated in my quest to learn as much as I can about Share Trading
specifically, and Investment in general.

I also know that no programmed
technique for stock selection is going to prepare me for making the right
decisions when it comes to placing one's hard earned money on the line, or
protecting it from the ravages of this wild beast so disarmingly called a Stock
Market. With this in mind, I believe any distribution of trading systems through
the AmiBroker user-group must, by necessity, be accompanied by an unambiguous
disclaimer to this effect. That is, not just "no liability assumed etc etc..."
but also "No programmed trading system can assume responsibility for the
placement of buy and sell orders and the overall management of risk and
capital...these are skills that each trader learns by looking with concentrated
honesty at their own motivations and behaviours under given circumstances<SPAN
class=520434505-07052001>...". Something
along those lines anyway.

Now if I had more time,
I'd edit this letter severely since
it is poorly written in it's current form, but I hope you can bear with me<SPAN
class=520434505-07052001>. In the meantime, please know that I very much
appreciate the quality of the company I am in.
<FONT
color=#0000ff>
<FONT
color=#0000ff>R<SPAN